httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Gao Jun" <j...@patternware.com>
Subject Problem in rewrite url
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2002 02:56:28 GMT
Hi, all,
    I'm an apache beginner. I've used it on windows platform where I have used the rewrite
module
to rewrite a "download" to "download.html", the script is as below:
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
 RewriteEngine on
 Rewriterule ^(.download)$ /download.shtml [R=301]
</IfModule>

It works fine. And then we want move the webserver to Linux platform. I have made an apache
with
rewrite module on it and then use the same script above there. However, it doesn't work. Each
time
I access http://xxx.xxx.xxx/download, I will be told this page is not there and it doesn't
redirect me
to the page I want to be redirected.

So can anyone of you help me to figure out what might be the cause that prevent the rewrite
work?
Or tell me some way to trouble-shooting this? Thanks
Gao, Jun
patternWare Systems, Inc.
jgao@patternware.com