httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Takacs Istvan" <istvan.tak...@hungax.com>
Subject Connected users?
Date Mon, 25 Mar 2002 12:19:30 GMT
Hi

Red Hat Linux 7.2, Apache 1.3.23

Is there a way to tracking how many users connect
to apache without mod_status and mod_info?
As I know HTTP is a stateles protocol, so if a web
server receives a request than it process it, solves the
request and than that server process dies.
But I've heard that apache holds that process for a while.
Can I get the number of the connected users if I use
netstat -a|grep ESTABLISHED ?
If I use this, than I can see more than one connections
from the same dial-up IP.
Is that because the user opens two browser to the same
site, or something else?

Thanks in advance!

Regards;

	Istvan