httpd-users mailing list archives

From Raúl Villa <...@ie3.com>
Subject rights
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2002 10:00:48 GMT
I have created our corporate web site with Suse 7.2, Apache, MySQL, PHP and
OSCommerce (great) but I haven't still hang it on the web. I will do it
soon, but I'm very worry about user rights. Could someone tell me which is
the correct way to do it ?

I supose that is to give rwx r-- r-- to all the files. But I have some
doubts:

- It this the correct way to protect my site?
- when I access the server from our internal network (Win XP) I have no
rights to change files. Actually a change rigths in Linux while I do the
changes, then I protect again.
- Is there any way to access via Samba as root to change my html, php ....
files?
- In my MySQL data directory wich access rights should I put?

Thank you
Raúl Villa