httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Paddy Verberne" <pa...@home.nl>
Subject re:mod rewrite, reverse proxy and load balancing (second post)
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2002 16:47:08 GMT
Hi,

Thank you for your answer. Surely if the client doesn't support/accept
cookies, that solution won't work. I could indeed configure a "firewallish"
server to keep track of connections, redirecting them to the same internal
server when they connect and do load balancing using round robin.

B.T.W. I suppose that if I use mod_rewrite with a mapfile using rnd:
(internal    foo1|foo2) and make a rewriterule that uses that file to
rewrite an url it won't give me the results I want. The reason I ask this is
because a collegue told me that this could be a solution. I personally think
that it's not, but who knows ... perhaps I missed something :)

Regards.

Paddy Verberne