httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Lewis Watson" <li...@visionsix.com>
Subject Virtual Hosts and <Directory /home/user1>
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2002 03:44:56 GMT
I have several ip based virtual hosts running on apache 1.3.20 w/ linux. I
would like to be able to have all virtual host configs in a file that is
separate from the httpd.conf file. Is there a way the httpd.conf could call
a file when its loading to read the virtual host information from it? My
goal in such is to where I could have this portable file that has nothing
other than virtual host information. This way I could easily move all
virtual hosts to another machine if so needed independent of the httpd.conf
file.

Also, while doing some reading Linux Apache Web Server Administration
published by Sybex I found where this guy recommends using the <Directory
/home/wherever> as little as possible. I actually wanted to have one, even
though they might be similar, for each virtual host. Does this cause a
problem with performance or what would be the reasoning behind it?
I appreciate your time.
Lewis Watson