httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Duncan" <apa...@ring-wraith.com>
Subject apache and php 4.1.2
Date Sat, 09 Mar 2002 15:56:44 GMT
Hi,

i currently installed latest apache and php on my RH 7.2 system.
However, i allways get the following error now:

/usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl configtest
Syntax error on line 216 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/libphp4.so into server: €Ø+@€Ø+@((Ø+@Ø+@˜Ø+@˜Ø+@
Ø+@ Ø+@¨Ø+@¨Ø+@°Ø+@°Ø+@¸Ø+@¸Ø+@ÀØ
+@ÀØ+@ÈØ+@ÈØ+@ÐØ+@ÐØ+@ØØ+@ØØ+@àØ+@àØ+@èØ+@èØ+@ðØ+@ðØ+@øØ+@øØ
+@: shared object not open

The error_log says:

Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/libphp4.so into server: /usr/local/apache/libexec/libphp4.so:

...but the file IS there! I don't understand this error.

I had to comment all php-based lines within the httpd.conf file, to get apache up and running
again!

My problem is, that i need to get php up and running asap, so any help is more than welcome.

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Duncan