httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Duncan" <apa...@ring-wraith.com>
Subject fork bombs ... how to prevent malicious attacks?
Date Sun, 31 Mar 2002 02:20:00 GMT
Hi,

i recently encountered a fork-bomb on my server.
I havent had any experience with this kind of stuff before, so it took me quite a while to
figuere out whats going on and how to remove it.
So, i would like to know, if there is any way, i can set apache or configure my server, so
that such fork-bombs wont crash my server again?

Is there any kind of real-time protection, or is the only way to check the cgi-files for such
content?

Sorry, i am really new to this and would like to learn more, so that such a thing won't happen
again.
...i will never understand those guys, that do such stuff...

regards,

Duncan