httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Steve Leach" <sle...@askalix.com>
Subject Re: DNS Servers
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2002 00:06:13 GMT
tinydns is an easy to configure robust server.....
bind will do the job - the Webmin interface is quite good if you 'd rather use a graphical
interface?

Best Regards,

Steve Leach
Network Manager
Miami International Limited
Eaglescliffe Logistics Centre
Durham Lane
Egglescliffe
TEL: 01642 356205
e-mail: sleach@askalix.com

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Alex "Sniper" Togstad
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2002 12:01 AM
  Subject: DNS Servers

  Hello Everybody,

  Maybe out of the subject, but I thought I would ask....

  What DNS server applications are you using to host your own name servers. I was using SimpleDNS
and I loved it till the evaluation time ran out. I'm looking for something like it in the
mean time. I'll probably end up purchasing SimpleDNS, but looking for something till then.

  I have used DNS2Go, DNS 2.1 and I'm currently trying DNS Commander Enterprise Edt.

  What do yall use that's easy to config, setup and use..

  Thanx!

  Alex Togstad
  Owner/Manager
  Jifa Computers