httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Erika Marsilio" <atasn...@gte.net>
Subject CGI error: couldn't spawn child process
Date Sat, 16 Mar 2002 13:47:41 GMT
Hi;
I installed apache_1.3.23-win32-86-no_src on windows XP.  The
installation/configuration seems to be working fine since I can get to
the default apache page.  However, when I try to run the CGI scripts it
keeps giving me the same Internal Server Error message.  I do not know
what is wrong.  The error log states:
[Fri Mar 15 20:10:44 2002] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] couldn't spawn
child process: c:/program files/apache
group/apache/cgi-bin/checking.cgi.  I do not know what does this mean.
I read the FAQ's and the Apache Today questions (no answers) I noticed
that this is a common problem.  What should I do?  I know that perl is
working fine.  I have been at this for a long time.  Help!!

Thanks!

Erika