httpd-users mailing list archives

From Darrel Austin <daus...@visi.com>
Subject RE: Virtual Hosts
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2002 00:01:38 GMT
On your port 82 box, set up a virtual domain for isdponline.com

Then go to isdponline.com:82 and see if that works. If it does, then
it is a DNS issue. If not, then it is a virtual domain issue.

As it is now, what happens when you just type in mail.isdponline.com?
It should go to the default root of the web server on port 80 (unless
you set up a virtual server on that, too). Does it do that? If so,
then it probably isn't a DNS issue.

One thought...point mail.isdponline.com to your web server. Have that
page forward to 192.168.1.102:82. That would accomplish the same
thing, and, IMHO, be cleaner for the end user because they wouldn't
have to remember the port all of the time.

-Darrel