httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: Help with basic SSI
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2002 00:25:45 GMT

On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, Scott Miller wrote:
> I created the following small shtml page.
> <HTML>
> <HEAD><TITLE>FORM</TITLE>
> </HEAD>
> <BODY>
> THIS IS A TEST<BR><BR><BR>
>
> <!--#include file="info.txt" -->
>
> </BODY>
> </HTML>
>
> I created the following info.txt in the same directory.
>
> lname:miller
> fname:scott
> address:skldfdasfdsafsdfsd
>
> All get is the this a test displayed in my browser. no errors appear in my
> error log.
>
> I tried subsituting virtual for file.  No better.

Virtual is better, but my guess is that the file is not even being parsed
for includes.  Do a "view-source".  If you see the <!--# still in there,
then apache is not properly configured to parse the file.

For information on how to configure apache for includes, see:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/howto/ssi.html

Joshua.