httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: Best way to add modules, recompile or another way?
Date Sat, 09 Feb 2002 16:12:45 GMT

On Fri, 8 Feb 2002, Rick Kosbab wrote:
> I compiled apache 2 with no modules, mainly because i couldnet get dav, and
> php4 to compile with 2.0, now im into a point where i need dav, a version of
> php (3 or 4), and mysql, What would be the best way of going about this?

Note: You can't use Apache 1.3 modules with Apache 2.0.

Note: DAV is included with Apache 2.0.  You can configure it using the
ordinary apache build process.

Note: PHP does include an apache 2.0 "connector" module.  I have seen
mixed reports on how easy it is to compile with various beta versions.

> should i recompile? or should i try using Apxs?

You can only use apxs if you originally compiled with shared modules.  To
check, use "httpd -l" and see if "mod_so.c" is included.  If it is not,
you must recompile.

Joshua.