httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Kevin M. Shortt" <sho...@cgicafe.com>
Subject Re: issue generating CSR with openssl command
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2002 15:23:45 GMT

> /usr/bin/openssl genrsa -rand /dev/urandom -out
> /etc/httpd/conf/server.key 1024

	That command above is to generate the key.
	The CSR is different.

	I use apache+modssl with openssl libs.
	I also don't use /dev/urandom. Perhaps the problem
	is with that. Read the url below (and bookmark it.)
	it will answer most of your questions and problems.

> Just for grins I tried running the same command on another RedHat 7.1
> box and it happens there as well.  Has anyone
> encountered this?

	I use slackware, and never a hang.

> Also, the Apache Administration Book I have is a little old, can anyone
> point out a good URL that shows how to enable
> SSL for Apache ( running version apache-1.3.22-1.7.1 )

	Most of my info came from:

	http://www.verisign.com/cus/srv/csr/modssl/v00.html

Hope this helps...

-k