httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Kevin M. Shortt" <sho...@cgicafe.com>
Subject Re: VirtualHost stops working after some time
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2002 13:31:12 GMT

> returning the VirtualHost DocumentRoot, their visitors get MY DocumentRoot,
> which is installed as default.
>

> Any idea what can cause this problem?

This sounds DNS related. When this condition occurs for me, it means I've
not setup my DNS yet, or I did it with a typo. I usually correct the
problem and restart my DNS.

Yet, I've never had it working and then malfunction mysteriously.
Check the ttl on that host.

One way to check ttl is to run "dig soa hostname.domain.com" and
look at the line that says "; minimum". if your duration is equal
to that, your apache server may not be looking it up correctly
once the time has elasped.

I hope this helps...

-k