httpd-users mailing list archives

From Saqib.N....@seagate.com
Subject RE: Clustered Apache server
Date Sun, 10 Feb 2002 23:27:48 GMT

Hi Daniel,
I have researched into mod_backhand and TurboLinux Clusters. However they
do not seems to solve my problems. Here is a little more info on what I am
trying to setup.

I  am trying to setup a Clustered apache based WebDAV servers for file
sharing. I m planning to use a SAN box for storage. WebDAV is Web based
Document Authoring and Version. DAV provides a mechanism for locking and
unlockig files. This lock Database is stored on the apache server. DAV is
highly read/write intensive.

mod_backhand and TurboLinux do NOT provide built-in locking mechanism. So
if more than one cluster node is writing to to the same file, data could
become corrupted.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Saqib Ali
=======================
Organic Document: Living and evolving document
For more information on Organic Documents visit
http://gcs.seagate.com/scripts/wiki/

                    "Daniel G"

                    <tech@ct5.com        To:     <users@httpd.apache.org>

                    >                    cc:

                                         Subject:     RE: Clustered Apache server

                    02/10/2002

                    02:13 AM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    users

Hullo Saqib...

I asked the same question just earlier today... Haven't had much of a
response...  But, would love to hear any input anyone has out there ;)

Personally, I am doing this through Red Hat, with mod_backhand (A module
for apache specifically for clusters, if you haven't heard of it lemme
know I'll dig up the URL) I was thinking about using MOSIX as the
cluster base, how about you?

Daniel