httpd-users mailing list archives

From Saqib.N....@seagate.com
Subject RE: Clustered Apache server
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2002 17:31:36 GMT

Hi Alex,
I have to try this out. I think the Lock database that mod_dav creates, can
not be accessed by multiple instances of apache. But I am not sure. I will
have to do some intensive testing to figure this out.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Saqib Ali
=======================
Organic Document: Living and evolving document
For more information on Organic Documents visit
http://gcs.seagate.com/scripts/wiki/

                    Alex Dyas

                    <adyas@twoway        To:     <users@httpd.apache.org>

                    tv.co.uk>            cc:

                                         Subject:     RE: Clustered Apache server

                    02/11/2002

                    02:33 AM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    users

On Sun, 10 Feb 2002 Saqib.N.Ali@seagate.com wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
> I have researched into mod_backhand and TurboLinux Clusters. However they
> do not seems to solve my problems. Here is a little more info on what I
am
> trying to setup.
>
> I  am trying to setup a Clustered apache based WebDAV servers for file
> sharing. I m planning to use a SAN box for storage. WebDAV is Web based
> Document Authoring and Version. DAV provides a mechanism for locking and
> unlockig files. This lock Database is stored on the apache server. DAV is
> highly read/write intensive.
>
> mod_backhand and TurboLinux do NOT provide built-in locking mechanism. So
> if more than one cluster node is writing to to the same file, data could
> become corrupted.

You must be sharing the content for the whole thing to work, ie NFS or
something (not knowing what SAN is I'm assuming that's what it is).
Therefore, could you not share the database also?  ie all Apaches in the
cluster pointing to the same locking database. Thus when one marks a file
as being locked the others would see this also.

Alex..