httpd-users mailing list archives

From Saqib.N....@seagate.com
Subject Re: Authentication of http to Active Directory LDAP, FileMaker or SQL ?
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2002 04:23:02 GMT

yup
ADS, LDAP, SQL auths are all possible.
Take a look at
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Apache-WebDAV-LDAP-HOWTO/index.html for LDAP

In Peace,
Saqib Ali
=======================
Organic Document: Living and evolving document
For more information on Organic Documents visit http://www.stonebeat.org

                    "Fisher, Andrew"

                    <Andrew.Fisher@pmplimit        To:     "'users@httpd.apache.org'" <users@httpd.apache.org>

                    ed.com.au>                     cc:

                                                   Subject:     Authentication of http to
Active Directory LDAP, FileMaker
                    02/14/2002 07:03 PM            or SQL  ?

                    Please respond to users

Hi,

Is it possible for  Apache to authenticate to Active Directory, LDAP,
FileMaker or SQL instead  of to a local password/users file or db
m?

We currently run  Apache v1.3.22 on Mac OS X Server and we are being pushed
to run 1 set of login  details across the LAN.

Any feedback would  be great.

Thanks,
Andrew  Fisher

the administrator at administrator@pmplimited.com.au

for the presence of computer viruses, inappropriate content and
security issues, although we try our best to check for these errors
please scan all messages yourself.
PMP Limited ABN 39 050 148 644
PMP Print Pty Limited ABN 76 051 706 499