httpd-users mailing list archives

From Saqib.N....@seagate.com
Subject RE: logging MAC address of the client machines
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2002 23:28:37 GMT

Hmm that will work... How I do I go about doing that?

Thanks

Saqib Ali
=======================
Organic Document: Living and evolving document
For more information on Organic Documents visit
http://gcs.seagate.com/scripts/wiki/

                    George Gallen

                    <ggallen@slac        To:     "'users@httpd.apache.org'" <users@httpd.apache.org>

                    kinc.com>            cc:

                                         Subject:     RE: logging MAC address of the client
machines
                    02/21/2002

                    08:47 AM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    users

Not just the same subnet, but the same physical network.
That is if the client can send the packet to you without going
through any routers (hub and switches in general won't obstruct
the MAC address).

If you are talking about packets from the internet, then no way,
the MAC of your firewall/router will be what you get, or the MAC
of the router that last handled the packet before it got to your
computer if you didn't have a hardware firewall.

George