httpd-users mailing list archives

From tur...@uvs.is
Subject Tricky Apache Directive Question: UserDir and cgi-bin
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2002 11:10:33 GMT
Hello,
I have a tricky Apache directive question I'm hoping y'all can help me
with. Here is a snippet from my httpd.conf file

UserDir www

<Directory /home/*/www>
    DirectoryIndex index.html
    Options All
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

NameVirtualHost xx.xxx.x.xx

<VirtualHost foo.uvs.is>
ServerName foo.uvs.is
DocumentRoot /usr/www/site.virtual/foo/html
DirectoryIndex index.html
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin /usr/www/site.virtual/foo/cgi-bin
ErrorLog     /usr/www/site.virtual/foo/logs/error_log
TransferLog  /usr/www/site.virtual/foo/logs/access_log
</VirtualHost>

As you can see in the virtual host I place my web cgi scripts in a sibling
directory to DocumentRoot. Notice also that I have a UserDir directive.
What I am having difficulty with is coming up with the correct Apache
directive to allow an entire website including cgi-bin and DocumentRoot to
be placed in a UserDir directory. This would greatly simplify web
production as it would allow any one of our team members to checkout a
verstion of the website into their home directory. How do I indicate in
the block directive <Directory /home/*/www> ... </Directory> that I want a
cgi-bin directory there as well, similar to the virtual host directive?
I'm stumped.

Cheers,
Douglass Turner
email: turner@uvs.is