httpd-users mailing list archives

From "James Bankston" <JBanks...@ajc.com>
Subject RE: SetEnvIf
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2002 20:45:00 GMT

Access log below.   Removed the valid user line and still being denied
access.

access log:

it-f1jbanksto-p.coxnews.net - - [01/Feb/2002:14:59:38 -0500] "GET
/empdir/index.
html HTTP/1.0" 200 1997
it-f1jbanksto-p.coxnews.net - - [01/Feb/2002:14:59:39 -0500] "GET
/empdir/java/j
ed.jar HTTP/1.0" 304 -
it-f1jbanksto-p.coxnews.net - - [01/Feb/2002:14:59:47 -0500] "GET
/empdir/jed.jp
g HTTP/1.0" 304 -
it-f1jbanksto-p.coxnews.net - - [01/Feb/2002:14:59:47 -0500] "GET
/empdir/logos/
38.gif HTTP/1.0" 304 -
it-f1jbanksto-p.coxnews.net - - [01/Feb/2002:14:59:48 -0500] "GET
/cgi-lawson/dme.exe
38.gif HTTP/1.0" 304 -

                    "Joshua

                    Slive"               To:     <users@httpd.apache.org>

                    <joshua@slive        cc:

                    .ca>                 Subject:     RE: SetEnvIf

                    02/01/02

                    02:57 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    users

> From: James Bankston [mailto:JBankston@ajc.com]

> Could someone tell me why this does not work.  User coming from this link
> are still being prompted for a password.
>
> SetEnvIf Referer ^http://169.137.5.230/index.html access_allowed
>

>    <Directory "/opt/apache/cgi-lawson">
>        AllowOverride AuthConfig
>        AuthUserfile /opt/apache/userdb/lawson
>        AuthType Basic
>        AuthName "Lawson Web Desktop"
>        Options None
>        require valid-user
>        order deny,allow
>        deny from all
>        allow from env=access_allowed
>        satisfy any
>    </Directory>

Can you show us the relevant error and access log lines?  Does you get
access you remove the "require valid-user" line?

Joshua.