httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Nathan Coad" <co...@bigpond.com>
Subject Installation problem
Date Sun, 03 Feb 2002 05:33:38 GMT
Hi,

Yes, I know, i know...but before you dismiss this message out of hand, read
on for just a few more seconds...

I am attempting to install apache_1.3.23-win32-x86-no_src.msi onto a Compaq
computer, with a Celeron processor, and Running windows 2000 service pack 2
(head hung in shame).  I have never attampted to install apache before, but
as soon as I start the installation program, I get an error message:
Error 1327: Invalid Drive: E:\
and in the installation prgram dialogue box, a message saying:
Searching for installed applications
Property: EXISTING_APACHE_SERVICE_PATH, Signature: E...

When I acknowledge these error messages, I get a further message saying that
the Installation wizard was interrupted before Apache HTTP Server 1.3.23
could be completely installed.  Your system has not been modified.  To
complete installation at another time, please run setup again.  Click Finish
to exit the wizard.

Any help you can provide to enable me to use this excellent product will be
greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Nathan