httpd-users mailing list archives

From "rc" <e_ray...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Some advice...
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2002 16:43:00 GMT
I am using Professional Apache by Peter Wainwright. Seems pretty good for a
beginner to intermediate level. It has lots of tips about extending Apache,
configuring with PHP and also Mysql. However, the author assumes you already
know much about the system.

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Giovannoni [mailto:tech@ct5.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2002 10:29 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Some advice...

Hello all,

    I was wondeirng what books people would suggest out there, to get a full
comprehensive understanding of Apache?

I am running on Red Hat, I am proficient with Linux and Apache for the most
part. Though I just haven't dove in yet, but that time is coming... I guess
is what I need more than anything, is a real good index... I have never
bought a book having to do with computers that I have read straight through,
I do not enjoy punishment. But, I usually judge the quality of a book by how
well the index is organized... So, if you guys have any suggestions or
comments -- I would love to hear them....

Thanks all
Daniel