httpd-users mailing list archives

From "J.D. Corbin" <pneudec...@attbi.com>
Subject Windows XP Professional Installation of 2.0.32 Beta
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2002 20:38:41 GMT
Hello,

I successfully installed and ran Apache version 1.3.23 on Windows XP
professional.  I then decided to try the Beta version 2.0.32 without
success.  The software installs okay.  I install the service successfully
and then when I start it, it fails with the following information in the log
file:

... (32538)An operation was attempted on something that is not a socket.  :
Parent: WSADuplicateSocket failed for socket 3308144. Check the FAQ.
... (22609)The pipe has been ended.  : setup_inherited_listeners: Unable to
read socket data from parent
... (32538)An operation was attempted on something that is not a socket.  :
master_main: create child process failed. Exiting.

I've looked at all the documentation in the FAQ and Archives.  I found
references to WSADuplicateSocket problem but no real suggestions on what to
do...

I am running McAfee firewall if that matters...

Any suggestions...besides moving back to the stable 1.3.23 version.

THanks,
J.D.