httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject RE: ~user/cgi_bin script config problem - approx 20k attached
Date Sat, 02 Feb 2002 00:46:42 GMT

> From: mark rostron [mailto:mrostron@real.com]

> httpd -v output:
>
> Server version: Apache/1.3.19 (Unix)  (SuSE/Linux)
> Server built:   May 14 2001 15:46:52
>
> I am attempting to configure apache 1.3.19 (suse 7.2
> distribution) to enable
> user cgi-bin scripting by enabling ExecCGI for directory
> /home/username/public_html/cgi-bin
> But with no luck.
> Attached are compressed versions of httpd.conf, together with the
> inclusion
> for public_html/cgi-bin execution.

Luckily you failed to attach them.  Please don't send big attachments unless
it is really necessary.

> I have tested the script by putting into the ScriptAlias directory
> for /cgi-bin/ and the script worked fine.
>
> the error message in error_log is:
>
> [Fri Feb  1 16:32:08 2002] [error] [client 127.0.0.2] Premature
> end of script
> headers: /home/mrostron/public_html/cgi-bin/test.cgi

This means there is something wrong with the cgi script:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ.html#premature-script-headers

One thing to check is to look for an suexec log file if you are using suexec
(httpd -l will tell you).

Beyond that, you basically just have a broken cgi script.  Try running it
from the command prompt.

Joshua.