httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject RE: ~user/cgi_bin script config problem - approx 20k attached
Date Sat, 02 Feb 2002 01:38:05 GMT

> From: mark rostron [mailto:mrostron@real.com]

> yeah - changed my mind about the attachments.
> Anyway, I checked the script and it appears to be working from
> command-line
> and also if I copy the test script into /usr/local/httpd/cgi-bin
> (ScriptAlias
> definition).
> There is something in the way I'm configuring the public-html/cgi-bin
> directory.
> Below is the text of the stanza defining configuration for public_html:

How come everybody is only reading half my posts today?  If it works in the
main cgi-bin, but you get "premature end of script headers" elsewhere, then
the most likely answer is suexec.  Check to see if you are using it, and
check the contents of the suexec log file.

The fact that you get "premature end of script headers" means that the
apache configuration is fine: it is trying to launch your cgi script.  The
lanuch is failing, either because there is something wrong with the script,
or an intermediary (suexec) is failing.

Joshua.