httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject RE: REPOST: Forwarding http requests to another server on another port?
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2002 17:46:33 GMT

> From: Ken Pelletier [mailto:ken@nika.com]

> Can anybody give me some pointers as to how to go about configuring for
> this?
>
> I've read the relevant docs, but it isn't clear to me that/how this is
> possible.
>
> I need to be sure that, from the outside (client), the appearance is
> that the connections are all through port 80.

I actually disagree with the previous poster.  It is not that complex to
configure, but it is a very complex setup overall.  You should only do this
if you are very comfortable with debugging web stuff.

Here is the basics:

ProxyPass /streaming/ http://intranetserver/
ProxyPassReverse /streaming/ http://intranetserver/

It is only necessary to use mod_rewrite if you need to catch more
complicated
URLs.

Joshua.