httpd-users mailing list archives

From Patrick Atlas <p_at...@club-internet.fr>
Subject Virtual host, again and again
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2002 21:11:37 GMT
Hello,

Something wrong about my Vhost configuration.

I have installed a mailing-list server on my linux server (sympa).
This mailing-list server has its own web cgi-bin scripts to manage the lists
and users.
I want to use a virtual host to execute these scripts with the apache
server.
So, I have a domain with an IP and a subdomain on this same IP.
But, as the apache server is running under apache/apache user/group, the
mailing-list server script must run under a sympa/sympa user/group.

The Vhost.conf:

<NameVirtualHost *>

<VirtualHost *>
ServerName www.domain.com
DocumentRoot /home/www/html
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *>
ServerName subdomain.domain.com
User sympa
Group sympa
DocumentRoot /home/www/cgi-bin/script.cgi  (can I point to a script or must
I only write the folder name, assuming that the default name would be the
mailing-list script in a dedicated folder?)
</VirtualHost>

The suexec configuration is ok for the apache server.

The commonhttpd.conf:

User apache
Group apache
etc...

So the mailing-list cgi-bin script is not working, either the script is
forbidden, or a the script cannot open a configuration file.

--
Patrick Atlas

au choix:
mailto:p_atlas@club-internet.fr