httpd-users mailing list archives

From Darrel Austin <daus...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Does Listening on port 80 mess things up?
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2002 20:06:41 GMT
Let me rephrase the question.

I originally had apache set to listen to port 8015 when I was using that
port. It worked fine.

Recently, we gave that box its own IP address, so we routed traffic normally
(on port 80).

I didn't delete the listen command...I simply changed it to 'Listen 80',
thinking it would work.

However, leaving that line in the config file disabled the server. If I
removed it completely, it worked fine.

My question was, why is that?

-Darrel