httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mitchell K. Smith" <mksm...@pa.eplus.com>
Subject Invalid command 'AuthDigestFile'
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2002 20:15:38 GMT
Greetings. I have searched the archives and the faq but I couldn't find much
about this issue. I am using Apache 1.3.22 on Red Hat Linux 7.1.

I want to setup MD5 authentication.

My error log contains:

/websites/intranet/html/.htaccess: Invalid command 'AuthDigestFile', perhaps
mis-spelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration

My httpd.conf contains:

LoadModule digest_module      modules/mod_digest.so
AddModule mod_digest.c

/websites/intranet/html/.htaccess contains:
AuthName "Sales"
AuthType Digest
AuthDigestFile /etc/httpd/conf/.htdigest
require valid-user

A partial listing of /etc/httpd/conf
# ls
total 188
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           47 Feb 26 13:12 .htdigest
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root        35416 Feb 26 13:40 httpd.conf

I am guessing that there is something wrong with mod_digest but I don't know
what.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mitchell K. Smith
A+,MCP