httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ken Pelletier <...@nika.com>
Subject REPOST: Forwarding http requests to another server on another port?
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2002 18:09:05 GMT
I have a server process that streams audio/video over HTTP, on the same
machine where I'm also running Apache.  Apache listens on port 80, while
the other server listens on another port (naturally).

I'd like to be able to configure Apache to forward any incoming http
requests for a certain URL pattern (eg:  /streaming/*) to the streaming
server, and have the results from that server returned to the client,
untouched.

It's important that the client not have to reconnect to the other server
as it is running on a port that would not be accessible from the
outside.  In other words, normal redirect is not appropriate here.

I thought I could use the proxy features of Apache to do this, but I'm
unable to find the solution.

Any help?

|| client ||  <<---- (http:80) --->>  || apache || <<--
(http:8000) -->> || streaming server ||