httpd-users mailing list archives

From Marco Kleefman <marco.kleef...@cmg.nl>
Subject RE: setting the content-type of the authorization pages
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2002 10:32:59 GMT
In addition: I have found the ErrorDocument directive... all pages served
now use a content-type of: 'text/html: charset=UTF-8', even the
'Authorization required' (401) use this contenttype. But still no luck with
the UTF8 character sequence... :( Explanation: I want to sent the username:
marcó, that is: 'marc' + latin small letter o with acute (decimal: 243,
hexadecimal: F3 in the ISO-8859-1 characterset). But the username should be
translated in UTF-8 to: marcó, that is: 'marc' + latin capital letter A
with tilde + superscript three (decimal: 195+179, hexadecimal: C3+B3 in the
ISO-8859-1 characterset) So all pages where I enter my username, the
accented character is translated into 2 characters because of UTF-8, except
the characters I enter in the login-window... Anybody knows how to solve
this?

Best regards,

Marco