httpd-users mailing list archives

From Guy Speier <g...@firstlogic.com>
Subject httpd.conf
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2002 18:49:40 GMT
Sorry for the complete newbie question, but I checked the FAQ at least :-)

I have recently created an Apache web server on my local LAN (linux 7.2
FYI).  I changed the domainname and machine name of this server, made some
modifications to httpd.conf and all was well.  When I try to access the
server from outside my Firewall, it just hangs.

In the FAQ it mentions checking the firewall rules, and I am certain they
are fine (in face, I quickly removed all ruled (so I have default forward
all traffic to this linux server), and this worked for others (ftp, telnet,
ssh, etc), but still not for http.

So, I have a <mydomain.org> (external IP address) that forwards port 80
traffic to <www.mydoain.org>.  What stanzas should I have in httpd.conf?
Should they have my internal info (internal machine name, internal IP, -or-
external machine name, external IP)?

thanks a ton,
Guy