httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Korey G." <ko...@awpg.com>
Subject RewriteMap not allowed here
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2002 23:29:32 GMT
Hello People,

	Im trying to learn the URL Rewriting Module on Apache
and have come accross a small problem,

I've placed this in to my httpd.conf file as suggested by the URL Rewriting
Guide,
and it looks a little like this:
-------------------------------------------------------------Snip Snip
<VirtualHost 192.168.30.152:80>
RewriteEngine   on
         SSLDisable
         Port 80
         ServerName www.somewhere.com
         DocumentRoot /www/users/s/somewhere/www

         <Directory /www/users/s/somewhere/www/beer>
                 RewriteMap deflector txt:/www/users/s/somewhere/deflector.map

                 RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !=""
                 RewriteCond ${deflector:%{HTTP_REFERER}} ^-$
                 RewriteRule ^.* %{HTTP_REFERER} [R,L]

                 RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !=""
                 RewriteCond ${deflector:%{HTTP_REFERER}|NOT-FOUND} !=NOT-FOUND
                 RewriteRule ^.* ${deflector:%{HTTP_REFERER}} [R,L]
         </Directory>

</VirtualHost>
-------------------------------------------------------------Cut Cut

and Have this in my deflector.map
------------------------------------------------------------- Snip Snip
##
##      deflector.map
##

http://www.somewhere.com/redirect.html -
http://shop.somewhere.com/redirect.html http://www.somewhere.com
------------------------------------------------------------- Cut Cut

but I still get the same error when I run configtest
------------------------------------------------------------- Snip Snip
[root@some bin]# ./httpsdctl configtest
Syntax error on line 1068 of /www/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
RewriteMap not allowed here

Im Running RH Linux 7
Server version: Apache/1.3.20 (Unix)

Some kind or direction would be greatly appreciated
Do I need to install any modules or the like or do I need to place the
RewriteEngine
on somewhere else,