httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ed Lazor <osmo...@atfantasy.com>
Subject help with mod_write
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2002 04:29:38 GMT
One of my friends had come up with a mod_rewrite expression that we were
using on the server... I had to rebuild the server last night and lost the
httpd.conf file in the process :(  He's not available and my web site is
broken :(  Your help is very much appreciated.

The goal:  any web page request without a period in it should be redirected
to /index.php

My attempt... isn't working...  I tried reading the manual and came up with:

         RewriteEngine On
         RewriteRule !^\.*$ /index.php [L]

No idea what's wrong with it, but the result is bringing up a page and then
automatically going to a different page.  Pretty weird.

It would be awesome if you could explain how to do this.

Thanks,

-Ed

ps... sorry if I sent this to the list twice... I'm subscribed at work and
automatically sent this message only to discover I wasn't subscribed here
at home...