httpd-users mailing list archives

From Owen Boyle <...@bourse.ch>
Subject Re: server is not accepting connections
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2002 13:23:25 GMT
Santosh Deshpande wrote:

> >>1) Normally, apache listens to all active IP addresses. However, to make
> >>sure (I never trust defaults) make it explicit with:
> >>Listen 10.0.0.61:80
>
> I think, if you specify 'port 80' then apache listens on all active
> interfaces.
> If you give 'listen ip:port' , it will listen on that port/ip combination.
> Isn't it?

Correct. However, since I can't see the user's entire httpd.conf
(thankfully!) I can't assume he doesn't have another Listen or a
BindAddress directive somewhere which would cancel the defaults. Hence I
never leave any important directives to default - if i define them all I
can be sure of what they're set to.

Rgds,

Owen Boyle.