httpd-users mailing list archives

From Anders Knuts <kn...@servern.nu>
Subject Re: logging MAC address of the client machines
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2002 06:38:10 GMT
Exactly.
And when you use DHCP, you often have a "DHCP-forwarder", a router or a server
that takes the client's DHCP-requests from the local LAN-segment and forwards
them to the central DHCP-server.
I guess that the MAC-address that you see in the registration form is the
address that have been forwarded to the DHCP-server by the DHCP-forwarder when
you connected to the network. The CGI-script then fetches it from the
DHCP-table.

Best Regards
Anders Knuts