httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: 404 document does not show entered URL
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2002 16:24:17 GMT
"Timothy J. Luoma" wrote:

> Ah... that's good to know.  Unfortunately I do not (to my
> knowledge) have access to the headers, as I am just a lowly
> user on this system.

If the ErrorDocument document is a script, just add that to the
header emission portion.  For instance, if it were a Perl script,
it might look like this:

#! /usr/bin/perl
#
print "Content-type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1\r\n";
print "\r\n";
print <<EOT
blah blah blah
EOT
exit(0);

Just change the top to look like this instead:

print "Content-type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1\r\n";
print "Status: 404 Not Found\r\n";
print "\r\n";
--
#ken	P-)}