httpd-users mailing list archives

From Pietro Cagnoni <pcagn...@mclink.net>
Subject Re: Total Novice!
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2002 15:19:22 GMT
> I'm a total novice when it comes to servers, I have managed to
> download and instal Apache - I have also changed the conf. files, only
> problem is I can't see my web pages, only the directory that they are
> in - can anyone help? I'm using Windows XP and trying to configure it
> with Cold Fusion

does "only the directory" mean you see the file names you can click on?

if yes, rename one of your html files to "index.html", and try again.
check the documentation about DirectoryIndex directive for more info.

if you're a really really total newbie, remember to restart your server
after changing the configuration files.

hope it helps.

pietro.