httpd-users mailing list archives

From Owen Boyle <...@bourse.ch>
Subject Re: Keeping the address in the address field of the browser
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2002 09:16:55 GMT
Jacob Vennervald Madsen wrote:

> Hi List
>
> How can I configure my Apache server so that the address in the address
> field of the browser doesn't change when a link is clicked?
>
> For example if I enter www.mydomain.com in my browser it will take me to
> that site.
> But normaly if I click a link pointing to
> www.mydomain.com/pages/newpage.html the browser will write this in the
> address field.
> How do I configure Apache so I keep www.mydomain.com in the address
> field?

This is client-side behaviour and has nothing to do with apache. This is
also the daftest request I have ever seen on this mailing list (and that
is saying something). Whatever would you want to do that for?

If you really like doing complicated work for pointless personal
aesthetics you could run your whole site from a global CGI script at the
top then all your links would be back to this CGI program with the page
definition hidden in a POST request. Don't dare ask for more details...

Rgds,

Owen Boyle.