httpd-users mailing list archives

From spivak <spi...@watson.ibm.com>
Subject Porting a module from Apache 1.3 to 2.0
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2002 01:07:39 GMT
I have a third-party module in a modules/site directory (mod_xxx.c) and
I need help in configuring the module in Apache 2.0.28 (on Linux).  (I
copied the site directory from the version that works on Apache 1.3.19,
but have not made the changes to port the module to 2.0.  I would just
like
the make command to compile it for now.)  I ran the command

   configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache --enable-example --enable-xxx

The command configured modules/expermental/mod_example.c but did not
configure modules/site/mod_xxx.c even after I copied mod_xxx.c into the
modules/experimental directory.

What do I need to add to the configure command (or any file) so that
configure can find mod_xxx.c.  I assume that I should be using the
--with-module=location option but cannot quite figure out the proper
syntax.  The documentation on apache.org for the example module is the
1.3 documentation with a note saying that it has not been updated for
2.0.

Jerry