httpd-users mailing list archives

From "John K. Burroughs" <burrou...@seanet.com>
Subject Re: page loading hangs
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2002 16:09:49 GMT
geez, my first post to the list and it's off-topic.

As far as I know, there is *no* reliable way to control font sizes in HTML
text:
  <big> is unreliable, and extremely browser-dependent.
  style sheets are great, if your browser supports them.

I use <font>, which only seems to fail in N6.  A really first-class
solution is to write it both ways, use JavaScript to detect what the
browser is, and then show/hide <div> or <iframe> sections to display the
correct one.  Or render to .gif yourself and send that, which is common but
horrible.

See also validator.w3.org for a page that checks your HTML for correctness.

-- jkb