httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Tim B" <apa...@law.com>
Subject A few questions
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2002 08:57:16 GMT
Hi,

 I have a couple of questions. I have a non
profit org that is wanting me to setup a sever
online on there dsl so that they can let
different depts have there own domain name and
web site.

I have setup Apache several times before
sucessfully.  But I have a few questions.  I am
doing this for the church for free.

I have several sites online that I have hosted
with some co that I pay a monthly fee too. They
have there own control panels and stats that
kind of thing. Here are the questions.

(1) How is are the web based control panels
setup on hosting sites? Are they a mod that is
added through Apache? or a cgi-script or perl.
and where can you get them.

(2) I have one account that will let me add
virtual host through a control panel as well.
www.myname.org. How do they do this?

(3) Is there a RPM that can be setup as a
turnkey type setup for a hosting co? There will
be no money exchanged on the site. It will
simply be for church usage. Any help or
knowledge is greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to set it all up so that it is
automated and I do not have to got to the
Church office to manually add VH.

They are bascially wanting me to set up a free
hosting service for the church. As I said I
have setup Apache with one domain name and it
works perfectly 100% of the time.

Thanks
TIm

Sent by Law  Mail