httpd-users mailing list archives

From May Lyn Lis <maylyn...@yahoo.com.sg>
Subject map non ssl url to ssl url for mod_proxy
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2002 03:13:55 GMT
Hi,

I'm setting up reverse proxy for our client using
mod_proxy. The reverse proxy box is ssl enable, but
the connection to the backend webmail server is non
ssl.

client --https--> reverse proxy --http--> webmail
server

I was given a requirement that to map client request
which is non ssl url to the ssl url.

I have try to configure the following portion to
rewrite the url (mod_rewrite and mod_vhost are
enabled).

<VirtualHost _default_:80>
  RewriteEngine on
  RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ https://%proxy.abc.com/$1 [R,L]
</VirtualHost>

However, the client side url eg: http://proxy.abc.com
did not able to give me any result, and the error page
is
Cannot find server or DNS Error.

If the client side url is https://proxy.abc.com, the
expected result was returned.

Any necessary configuration that I've missed out for
achieving the mapping objectives?

Thank you.

MayLyn