httpd-users mailing list archives

From Luke Scharf <lsch...@ee.vt.edu>
Subject Re: Apache + mod_auth_pam + WebDAV
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2002 21:03:52 GMT
On Tue, 2002-02-19 at 13:39, Mark Constable wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Feb 2002 03:55, Luke Scharf wrote:
> > The user accounts that we're trying to use are delivered via nisplus.
> > The encrypted passwords are not in /etc/shadow.  PAM stacked on top of
> > nisplus works great for our mail transfer agent (courier), but the "500
> > internal server error" has me confused.
>
> Ah, then check the UID/GID of courier and, at least for a test, make
> apache run as the same user as courier. Smells like a perms prob to me.

This has no effect.  I have also tried several configurations for
/etc/pam.d/httpd - everything from permit-all to the same configuration
that works for Courier's imap server to an edited version of
/etc/pam.d/ssh.  Any other suggestions?

What has to be in place in order for mod_auth_pam to do it's thing?

Thanks in advance!
-Luke

--
Luke Scharf, Jack of Several Trades