httpd-users mailing list archives

From Lee Fellows <lfell...@4lane.com>
Subject Re: FW: help on building apache 1.3.9 on Solaris7
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2002 12:47:45 GMT
Hi,

  Without knowing the specific error it complained about regarding your
compiler, I can only guess.  You say gcc is in your path, is it
installed in /usr/local/bin and does this proceed /usr/ccs/bin?  Even
without the Sun compiler installed, cc still exists in name only and
will be found by the configure script.  More puzzling is not finding
'make'.  This seems to imply you do not have make installed in
/usr/local/bin and/or /usr/ccs/bin is not in your path.