httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jim Hribnak" <hrib...@nucleus.com>
Subject Apache 1.3.23 Red Hat 6.2 kernel 2.2.19-6.2.7 and HTTP pausing for 1-5 mins
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2002 16:36:54 GMT
We started to get some weird pausing on our Virtual hosted Apache web
server.  Does any one have any ideas as to what could be happening, or where
to begin looking. I believe its a CGI script on one partiular site but that
have a lot of CGi running, the pausing happens randomly throughout the day,
pausing lasts from 1 to 5 minutes where the HTTP process will not accept any
requests, it comes back on its own, the HTTP process dies not die and
restart.  The rest of the server works fine (SMTP, SSH, FTP etc) during
these brief pauses.  In the logfile for the web server there is a break in
the log entries when the pausing starts.  This server also runs SUEXEC.
This server has been in operation for a year and a bit.

Below is the info from the server.

Server Version: Apache/1.3.23 (Unix) mod_throttle/3.1.2
Server Built: Jan 28 2002 13:16:55
API Version: 19990320:11
Run Mode: standalone
User/Group: www(502)/502
Hostname/port: xxx.xxxx.xxxxx:80
Daemons: start: 100    min idle: 50    max idle: 150    max: 512
Max Requests: per child: 100    keep alive: on    max per connection: 100
Threads: per child: 0
Excess requests: per child: 0
Timeouts: connection: 300    keep-alive: 15
Server Root: /etc/httpd
Config File: conf/httpd.conf
PID File: /var/run/httpd.pid
Scoreboard File: /var/run/httpd.scoreboard

Jim Hribnak
Manager Communication Services
Nucleus Inc.
403-209-0000