httpd-users mailing list archives

From mark rostron <mrost...@real.com>
Subject Re: ~user/cgi_bin script config problem - approx 20k attached
Date Sat, 02 Feb 2002 01:01:14 GMT
yeah - changed my mind about the attachments.
Anyway, I checked the script and it appears to be working from command-line
and also if I copy the test script into /usr/local/httpd/cgi-bin (ScriptAlias
definition).
There is something in the way I'm configuring the public-html/cgi-bin
directory.
Below is the text of the stanza defining configuration for public_html:

<Directory /home/*/public_html>
    AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
    Options MultiViews Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch IncludesNoExec
    <Limit GET POST OPTIONS PROPFIND>
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Limit>
    <LimitExcept GET POST OPTIONS PROPFIND>
        Order deny,allow
        Deny from all
    </LimitExcept>
</Directory>

<Directory /home/*/public_html/cgi-bin>
Options +ExecCGI +Indexes
</Directory>

Can you spot anything from this?

On Friday 01 February 2002 16:46, Joshua Slive wrote:
> > From: mark rostron [mailto:mrostron@real.com]
> >
> > httpd -v output:
> >
> > Server version: Apache/1.3.19 (Unix)  (SuSE/Linux)
> > Server built:   May 14 2001 15:46:52
> >
> > I am attempting to configure apache 1.3.19 (suse 7.2
> > distribution) to enable
> > user cgi-bin scripting by enabling ExecCGI for directory
> > /home/username/public_html/cgi-bin
> > But with no luck.
> > Attached are compressed versions of httpd.conf, together with the
> > inclusion
> > for public_html/cgi-bin execution.
>
> Luckily you failed to attach them.  Please don't send big attachments
> unless it is really necessary.
>
> > I have tested the script by putting into the ScriptAlias directory
> > for /cgi-bin/ and the script worked fine.
> >
> > the error message in error_log is:
> >
> > [Fri Feb  1 16:32:08 2002] [error] [client 127.0.0.2] Premature
> > end of script
> > headers: /home/mrostron/public_html/cgi-bin/test.cgi
>
> This means there is something wrong with the cgi script:
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ.html#premature-script-headers
>
> One thing to check is to look for an suexec log file if you are using
> suexec (httpd -l will tell you).
>
> Beyond that, you basically just have a broken cgi script.  Try running it
> from the command prompt.
>
> Joshua.

as you were ...
rostron out