httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Lewis Watson" <li...@visionsix.com>
Subject Re: Question
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2002 00:16:49 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: George Gman
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 5:31 PM
Subject: Question

How can i setup Apache so i can upload a html document or edit a document
from a different location and make sure it shows up correctly?

George / "Gman"
Owner: The Edge Internet Radio
http://www.theedge2k.com
Email: lifegard@lvcm.com
       theedge2k@hotmail.com
       Georgfla@dellmail.com

I might be confused on what you are asking. You want to be able to upload
files to the server but not the final location to have like a draft area? If
this is right then lets look at each step. To be able to upload files you
will need ftp or ssh access. Apache has no built in upload ability. If you
need to be able to upload I recommend using ssh. If ssh is not possible then
try pureftpd for your server. Its available at www.sourceforge.net If you
already have ftp access to upload files and you want a testing area
available then just mkdir draft to create a directory for testing, then load
the files in the new directory. Hope this helps.

Lewis Watson