httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Kevin Smith" <ke...@netsmith.ltd.uk>
Subject Thousands of Users - Virtual Hosts?
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2002 14:57:02 GMT
Hi All,

I'm a newbie to the list but not to Apache, well not quite anyway. ;)

Anyhow here's my dilema.... I have thousands of users that I would like to setup with individual
web accounts.

What I mean by this is, they all have their own domain name, which filters through to one
IP address only.  Is there anyway of setting the httpd.conf file (perhaps using VirtualHosts
configs) where I do not have thousands of VirtualHosts directives?

 ie. Apache can take the domain name that was called and use this for selecting the correct
htdocs directory for that user?

Any ideas, or am I asking for the impossible?

Thanks,

Kevin Smith