httpd-users mailing list archives

From "John Girvin" <john.gir...@osarius.com>
Subject RE: apache-win32 problems?
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2002 11:07:09 GMT

> It's not so much to do with apache itself but rather that all Windows
> OSes are intrinsically less stable and less performant than a unix OS
> running on the same hardware.

So you trust apache-win32 as much as you trust win32 then?
Thoughts featuring "chains" and "weakest links" cross my mind...

Are there any figures that compare apache-win32 to IIS?
That was something else I failed to find. Basically we're
having performance problems with IIS on one of our NT boxes
and one solution being investigated is relacing it with
apache-win32. The OS has to remain NT for various reasons :-/

/John